Charming, cosmopolitan, lively: Welcome to Frankfurt am Main!
Metropole with regional Charme
Enrich your stay in our Airport Hotel in Frankfurt am Main with a sightseeing trip to this lively city on the banks of the River Main.
The unmistakeable skyline, the exclusive "Goethestraße"; the Museum Embankment, Römer, Paulskirche and Palmengarten – Frankfurt's landmarks are multi-faceted; the Frankfurt natives themselves open-minded and cosmopolitan.
In just 20 minutes, the S-Bahn brings you from your Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel to the city centre. The city will impress you with its surprising diversity: Skyscrapers and traditional half-timbered houses, nightlife and major operas, world-class sushi and traditional Hessian fare.
Find out more about your arrival and the location of the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel here.
Discover the "World's smallest Metropolis"
Frankfurt must see and do
- Goethe House and Goethe Museum
- Apfelwein (apple cider) pub in Sachsenhausen
- Römer and Römerberg
- Churches: Paulskirche and Kaiserdom St. Bartholomäus
- Museum embankment
- Zoo in Frankfurt am Main
- Botanical garden "Palmengarten"
Your perfect day in Frankfurt
- Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience Bed® - Wake up and be ready to thrive
- City tour with an hop on, hop off bus
- have an impressing view on Frankfurt from the top of the Main-Tower
- Try Frankfurt's delicacy "Grie Soß" (green sauce): sour cream enhanced with 7 different herbs, potatoes and egg alongside one glass of Apfelwein (apple cider)
Have an overview of some points of interests!
- International Airport FRA
- Alte Oper Frankfurt
- Commerzbank Arena
- Festhalle Frankfurt
- Eiserner Steg Bridge
- Fair / Exhibition Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Townhall Römer
- Kleinmarkthallle Indoor Market
- Main Tower Viewing Platform
- Palmengarten Frankfurt
- Cathedral St. Bartholomäus
- Städel Museum
- Frankfurt Airport Long Distance Train Station
- Frankfurt Airport Terminal 2
- Main Train Station
- Zeil Shopping Street
How To Get Here
The banking metropolis with local charm
Open and cosmopolitan, Frankfurt is characterised by modern architecture; the picturesque old town is no less important for the city culture, with colourful weekly markets and traditional inns. Here, you can meet to drink apple wine and eat regional specialities, such as green sauce with boiled potatoes.
From the city centre you can walk to the old town with its historic, half-timbered buildings and the 600-year-old "Roman" town hall in just a few minutes.
World-class museums and great entertainment
Use the time in your Frankfurt Airport Hotel for a quick cultural tour: The Städelmuseum on the famous Museum Embankment, the high-quality exhibitions in the Kunsthalle Schirn and the fascinating Senckenberg Natural History Museum are just three of the many attractions waiting for you to discover in Frankfurt.
The city also has a wealth of performing arts on offer. Be it the Commerzbank Arena, Alte Oper or Schauspiel - Frankfurt's events calendar is full all the year round.
International culinary delights and top class shopping
When it comes to eating out, the city revels in its cosmopolitan diversity. Virtually every nationality is represented with their typical restaurants, and anyone who is looking for traditional cuisine from the local region will find many good establishments - not least in our own Restaurants & Bars.
The best-known shopping addresses are the exclusive Goethestraße and the popular Zeil. However, the boutiques along Schweizer Straßein Sachsenhausen or the hip designer shops on Brückenstraße are also worth a trip.